Reading Rendezvous is a weekly feature created by the Fern Team for the Book Blogger Creativity Project that acts as a travel guide, highlighting places we would like to visit and recommending books that take place there.
This is the first post of a new feature created by our group for the Book Blogger Creativity Project that was started by Nori @ Read Write Love. In order to introduce everyone involved in our group, we are doing our first post as a group kind of. Each of us will be featuring an author from the state we are from!
I decided to choose: Chico,Ca as my location and my author is………..Laini Taylor!!!!!
About Author: (Straight from her bio on blog)
Laini Taylor writes books for youngish people,
but they can also be read and enjoyed by oldish people, aka grown-ups.
You know grown-ups? They tend to be a little bigger and hairier than kids.
But not always.
· Born 1971 in Chico, California
· Navy brat, moved a lot growing up (Hawaii, Italy, Belgium, Virginia, California)\
· Currently lives in Portland,OR
|You can buy the box set on Amazon|
|Upper Bidwell Park|
- Chico is home to both California State University, Chico and Bidwell Park,
- The City of Chico was founded in 1860 by John Bidwell, a member of one of the first wagon trains to reach California in 1843.
- Playboy Magazine naming Chico State the number-one party school in the nation in 1987.
- Chico is also home to Sierra Nevada Brewery.
|Sierra Nevada Brewery the birthplace |
of this amazing beer.
|Polar Plunge 2015|
- The Polar Plunge hosted every January 1st is held at One Mile inside Bidwell Park. 2015 was my 2nd year doing the plunge. Was a freezing and thrilling.
Here are the other members of Team Fern participating in this project:
What do you think of our new feature? Does it sound like fun? Try it out!